In response to the global pandemic caused by COVID-19, the UpCycle Foundation is committed to using a portion of donated resources to help our community.
At the beginning of March 2020, the UpCycle Foundation received a donation of more than 7,000 new 100% heavy cotton t-shirts that were incorrectly printed for a Florida school. Due to COVID-19 quarantine, the t-shirts could not be shipped to the recycling facility and remained in storage. After extensive research, and in response to the CDC call out to make house-made masks, we have decided to make them out the 100% heavy cotton material from the t-shirts donated to help in the global shortage of N95 face masks.
Please keep in mind that the Upcycle mask cannot be used with COVID-19 patients. They are designed to substitute or be an addition to surgical masks used to treat non-COVID patients. The goal is to help free up the use of CDC compliant medical masks to treat patients with COVID-19 symptoms.
If you would like to join our efforts, please click here and let us know how you could help!
Please stay safe and follow the below recommendations from the CDC:
- Wash your hands frequently using soap and water for 20 seconds or an alcohol-based hand rub
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Practice cough etiquette. Cough into a flexed elbow or tissue, discard the tissue in the trash, and wash hands
- Stay home from school, work and public places if feeling unwell
- Follow the government guidelines for your county and state
Visit our resources page for more information.
Founder & CEO